Have you ever been bullied?

Was it at school, by friends, by strangers, by who? And what did you do about it?
Have you ever been bullied?

Have you ever been bullied?

by who? And what did you do about it?

35

35
  • I was teased several times by various people, but never bullied; what happened to me was normal for just about anyone in high school. I try to think about why I wasn’t bullied in high school or any point in my life, and I can’t seem to come up with a reason that convinces me. The reason I like to believe is that I had an intimidating appearance or persona that deterred would-be bullies.

• Not that I remember, so no I haven't.
    In high school there were clicks, a lot of talk about people not in certain groups, that's really about it.

• I suppose so. I had difficulty adapting to new schools because I moved between three cultures growing up, and constantly went to a new school every 2-3 years saying goodbye to all friends while constantly being the "new kid" at school.

But I was a pretty proud type. I took punches to the face and didn't flinch, even though I didn't fight back so often. The one time I did, and it was just a reflex, a kid jumped at me and I don't know what I did exactly but I blocked his punch in a way that broke his arm.

I was a good student before that and the school took notice and I only spent some time in summer school while the teachers were questioned why I was even there in the first place since I was a really hard and obedient worker and aced all the tests.

• 2 d ago

The kid who tried to punch me, on the other hand, had a very bad record of skipping school with failing grades. So they took it easy on me when I broke his arm by mistake.

• 2 d ago

I didn't actually throw any punches there. I wasn't a martial artist. It was like a fluke thing where I managed to block a punch and do something instinctively that made everyone impressed while I snapped his arm, but I don't even know what I did exactly. I just caught his fist and twisted something and things snapped. I was pretty strong though -- not in upper body but I was the fastest sprinter in my school and sponsored vert skater. Whatever power I summoned there to break the arm was probably from the explosive power in my legs.

• 2 d ago

For the kid whose arm I broke though, I met him at rec center some years after. It's almost like he had forgotten about everything. He didn't even recognize me even though he hated me so much a couple of years before for breaking his arm. But he had the roughest childhood I could imagine. We shook hands and he told me about his story while he was so mellow and relaxed about it. We didn't become friends since I didn't see him so much but I felt a sadness there when he talked me about his childhood while we watched people playing basketball at the rec center. I've never come to hate bullies in this sense. I figure he had it worse than I ever did.

• Was bullied at school. The girls were way crueler than the guys.

• 2 d ago

They even bully other girls, not just guys.

• 2 d ago

I know, it’s horrible. Just remember the guys bullied but the girls, so cruel and mean.

• Who hasn't.

• Yes.. by both guys and girls

• 1 d ago

Wow, they just had it in for you. Were you like a goth or something that people picked on you?

• 1 d ago

Lol no, I had come from home schooling.. so I was an easy target. And I was fat... lol 😂 until high school then they regretted it lol

• No...

• Once

• 2 d ago

Did you kick her ass? Bullies seem to keep doing it unless you put them in their place.