Gaming and videogames can ruin relationships cause addiction is always around the corner and your partner is mostly not interested in gaming?

I am sure addictions in general can ruin relationships too but I want to focus on the gaming part. A lot of people like to play games and videogames. In a relationship you can either argue about how gaming will be a part of it or completely ban gaming in order to make the relationship work.
But I have the constant feeling I have to leave my gaming world behind whenever I want to start a relationship. I am sure I can pick out people I like by it's preferences for gaming but the girls I like aren't really into that so much. That's I don't really go out much since I can attach to people pretty easily. Perhaps I have commitment issues and social disorders (not sure how else to put it).
I like to game and ATM I don't want to leave it behind for a relationship. Am too addicted to understand what's going on with me?
Pls help thank you
1
4