Is it okay to friendly text a guy even if he has a girlfriend?

I wonder if it is okay to keep contact with a colleague even if he has a girlfriend... I had this colleague whom I Iiked very much as a person and friend, not romantically. We always had fun at work and joked with each other a lot. I would say we got pretty close during our time together and I looked at him more than just a colleague. We had the same interests and got easily along. We have texted each other before while I still was working at the same place as him. And now I really do not wanna lose contact with such an amazing person. But the thing is that he has a girlfriend. So i was wondering if it would be weird or wrong of me to keep texting him? We only send each other memes basically and make jokes, nothing else. But i dont want him or his girlfriend to think anything else. I have only known him for like 5 months by the way but it seems more like years. Also he is 5 years older than me, if it matters lol
3
4