Why does my husband do this?

This is just an example of what I think is irrational behaviour from my SO. He sent me text telling me he'd be half an hour late home from work and I said ok. He then asked me out if the blue if I loved him too to which confused me as his first text never said I love you or anything. When i confronted him on it he said I called you my love though which is the same thing and to me calling someone 'my love' and actually saying I love you is totally different. My husband does this quite frequently with asking if I love him when he knows I do, if anything I question him more. Please share your opinion on whether or not you agree if this is weird behaviour.
Why does my husband do this?
3 d
Let me make it clear I tell him multiple times a day every day that I love him and shower him with a lot of affection. Sometimes I feel like its him that neglects to tell me that he loves me.
Why does my husband do this?
1
1