How can a woman be supportive without being suffocating or mothering?

How does a woman support her man without being suffocating or mothering?

Let's say he has a goal to do something like go to school, start a business, follow a dream but he hasn't started yet. Or maybe you see he has a talent that he doesn't have confidence in pursuing it further right now.

Do we just not do anything at all and let the man do the whole thing on his own allowing him to figure out how to do things on his own?
Do we wait for a request for help or comforting when things get hard?
Do we occasionally advice?
When does help cross over to suffocation or mothering?
1 mo
I'm not in a relationship. To be honest have been alone for 5 1/2 years. 2 years separated 3 1/2 divorced. Watching the facebook show called Sorry For Your Loss It brought up some dynamics that went on in my marriage that I don't want to repeat. In many ways I was thrust in the position of having to be the responsible person but I know that is not healthy when a man is more healthy. It will come off as nagging or controlling which I know is not the way that I want to be.
11
4