Why do females have a greater lack of trust than guys do?

I posted a survey question about trust yesterday and so far the votes are coming in with girls having an initial trust in people far less than guys do. Here's the survey so you can see for yourself.

Do you trust people until they prove that they can't be trusted? ... or do you not trust anyone until they prove that they can be?

Why are girls so less trusting than guys?

Is it because we were raised that way by our parents and society, or is it instinctive?

I am thinking that since guys statistically can defend and protect themselves better than girls that maybe we are taught or even programmed instinctively not to trust others until we are sure they can be trusted. You know, like..."Don't take candy from strangers!" type of thing.

This really is interesting me!

What is your opinion as to why girls are more cautious and apprehensive of others sometimes than guys are?

This first music video about trust is funny. The second one is serious and comes from a Christian girls perspective who trusts in God :) ...
A. I think girls are taught to be way more cautious by their parents and society than guys are
B. I think it is just a built in instinctive trait in girls since we are many times physically weaker and more vulnerable than guys are
C. I think your original survey is messed up and the opposite is true
Vote C
D OTHER, see my comments below, or just open the "Greater Female Lack of Trust" survey
Vote D
GirlGuy
34
24