How would you feel if nobody, not even your partner, celebrated your birthday?

Jean-Marie_Céline
The idea for this question comes from something a coworker called me about.
I wasn't in office today, since this week it will be all night shifts, and apparently today's the birthday of that female coworker I had talked about in this question ( Have you ever had an "abhorrent admirer"? ), and she came to work with a box full of pastries. By midday, her box was still full and she looked like she was going to cry. I didn't know about this, but after my colleague told me I sent her a "Good Birthday" via text, and she asked me if I could come over. Since I have to rest before my shift and don't want to have any more issues with my girlfriend ("What, you cut your ex and then go celebrate another's girl birthday?"), I told her I couldn't, but that I can get together some of our common friends (not colleagues, since they just ignore her) and make a friendly party at her home. She seemed a bit more happy after that.
This got me thinking.
I have had the luck of this never happening to me, but it must be heartbreaking.
Has this ever happened to you?
+1 y
By the way, I'll write a mail to HR management about the way her colleagues and team behaved with her.
+1 y
I managed to set up a little party for her at a local pub with a couple of common friends. I got her a little gift (a silk scarf) and will drop by five minutes before going to work.
19
55