Is it wrong to pressure myself into a relationship I am not commited to to overcome loneliness?

The question is actually badly worded because I know it's wrong.
The question should be, can I live with the fact that I would enter a relationship I am not really commitet to just so I can overcome depressing loneliness and fear of not finding a partner anytime soon.
To be honest, I suffer from extreme loneliness and have never had a relationship, physically and emotionally despite
my age. I have struggled in the past and am extremely shy. I don't have any other contacts at the moment. This person is very nice and I like spending time with him but I don't really feel an attraction romantically. Anyhow, I know that he likes me. I am very inexperienced and I don't know what love feels like but I am pretty sure I don't feel it that way. Even though I have asked myself would I be willing to convince myself into this relationship to feel less lonely? To finally experience things a person my age should have experienced already? I know I would most likely regret it someday, after everything broke down and would have a friend less. But I also feel uncomfortable blocking his advances and ignoring them. I don't know if we could be friends. I know it's not fair to him eather. And I don't wanna play a role. I know you will say it's not that important. A relationship, sex and so on but If you're an adult and get bombarded with the topic everyday and you just can't respond or relate to it it's utterly depressing. It's not a normal happy life for me and yes I am getting desperate.
Maybe I am just asking this so you can talk some sense in to me.
3
0