Why does he break up with me everytime I spark a serious conversation about us?

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 5yrs and at times our relationship confuses the hell out of me he’s not affectionate he doesn’t comfort when I’m going through my depression or anxiety he claims he loves me but everytime I bring up our relationship trying to figure it out he said “if you don’t want this relationship we don’t have to be in it” or “I’m done you don’t have to deal with me anymore” I don’t understand why it always gets to that point I just want to know that I’m not wasting my time he has two children who I’ve looked out for a lot now I’m ready to have a child of my own I’m 27yo I’ve always wanted a child at 27 I don’t want my first child in my 30s He’s known this since we met but he keeps pushing it back saying I’m not making enough money at my job or I need to get a car first which is understandable but at the same time with all the shit we’ve been through n him threating to break up with me 1000 times it just feels like he doesn’t really want to be with me n he’s just gonna waste my time I don't know HELP!
4
4