My girlfriend, who lives in a major city, says she loses wifi and cell service when she drives to her daughter's house nearby. Is this possible?

My girlfriend of three years still says that when she goes to see her daughter, she will be without cell reception and nearby. s it possible in this day and age?
For three years, I still believe her. She has never given me reason not to. For three years, on occasion, I wonder if I've been naive this whole time.
Should I be doubting her if she actually does lose all wifi and cell service?
Thank you
26 d
What is fueling my curiosity is if she calls and goes to voice mail or if i dont reply almost immediately to her text she is giving me the third degree. She never did that during our first two years. Now we start our third year she doubts my words and speculates my whereabouts. I have not given her any reason to do so. Case and point. I'm a high school football referee I call immediately after my games. Some games run longer than others, she knows that. Now she thinks they are only two hours.
3
5