Help!! My best friend's girlfriend hates me, What should I do?

Anonymous
I am currently a high school senior, and my guy best friend of around 10 years has had a girlfriend for about 1 year. Prior to this, me and the girl used to be really close friends, but since they have started dating, and more recently, she has started to act really hostile towards me. I feel really guilty about being his friend, but I am unwilling to cut him out of my life. She swears at me, talks behind my back, and unfortunately my friend does not do anything about it. I don't want to make him choose between his best friend and his girlfriend, so I don't discuss this issue with him, and I don't think he is aware that his girlfriend is writing me threatening and rude messages. Recently, he had a birthday and we both baked him birthday cakes, and wrote birthday cards, and she is telling me to back off and accused me of trying to steal him from her. I am so confused about what I should do- I have tried to explain that we have a purely platonic relationship. We do not like each other, and he is like my brother, and I have tried to explain that to her. It is becoming increasingly difficult to be the bigger person. What do I do?
16
2