Does he want something more or to just be FWBs?

i really need help, there’s this guy i dated a year ago, & we’ve started talking again. i reached out to him & apologized for how i handled the breakup & we began talking everyday, then in July we decided to become friends with benefits & we still are to this day. when we hung out for the first time after not seeing each other for a year he started to ask questions i never thought he’d ask, like “how’s your love life”, “who all did you date after me”, and “would you have still broken up with me if i did _____ instead of _____”. he also sent me pictures of my drawings that he still had around his room, & told me he still wore the clothes i left at his house or bought him, so i asked “do you think you could ever see us dating again?”, in which i got the response “possibly, i don’t really see myself dating anyone for a while, but i’m not saying no”. well, fast forward about 3-4 months, we progressively started to hang out more & our hookups slowly went from “meh this is just sex” to starting to become more heartfelt, or so it seems. about a month ago we were both getting ready to go on trips & we decided to hangout one last time, so he took me to the movies & even paid for my ticket. once i got back he was eager to hang out again, so we ended up going out to dinner & once again he pays for me. at the end of the night right before he left he admitted he still finds me attractive & gave me the sweetest look before kissing me. finally, we recently saw each other again, & even though we were eager to hookup again things just felt so much different. you know that look that you give someone when you love them, where your eyes dilate all big & you just can’t help but genuinely smile at each other? he kept giving me that look & telling me that i was so pretty and he loved looking at me, and even told me he was excited that i was back home. i don’t think he’s talking to any other girls, but i’m just so confused & don’t feel ready to ask him how he feels yet. helpful advice only
Does he want something more or to just be FWBs?
Add Opinion