This really hurts, but it is good I found out, right?

Anonymous
I asked my crush out and she told me she doesn't date people from work. I was fine with that and we remain friendly.

I find out today that she is living with a guy from work. He is in his 40s and she is early-mid 20s. I was told that he dumped his 40 something live-in girlfriend for her. They were together for like 10 years.

I was in shock when I heard this. I knew he was trying to date her but never thought she would date someone who was already in a committed relationship. He is also a bit of an ass. He always talks down to us and acts like he is better than everyone.

It's not about him being a rich guy either. He has an entry level job and I actually have a higher title than him despite being almost 20 years younger.

I am really hurt because she is only the second person in my life I really felt a connection with. We grew up in a similar way, have similar goals, and are usually the only two people in the room laughing at the same joke.

It feels like a gut punch to learn she would get involved with someone like that and I can't help but feel I lost some respect for her. I know she has never been in a serious relationship before but I don't think that excuses getting involved with someone who was already taken.

I guess it is for the best I found out but it still really hurts.
2
2