How do you move on from a toxic relationship?

Carbon-12
I think I have told this story before, but it has been bugging me lately. Sorry it is long.

When I was 13, 5ish years ago, I was in a relationship with a 26 year old. In my defense I was in a really bad place at the time and was suffering from anxiety and depression.

The relationship was completely online, I never met with him in person. He told me that if I loved him I would send him nudes, when I didn't he threatened to break up with me. I need to emphasize that I was in a bad place. I sent them. Once he had a couple he used them to blackmail me to send him more. When I did he would be nice to me and everything would be great. But when I didn't he would tell me such awful things and make me feel terrible, only to be nice again when I caved or after an apology next time he asked. He always promised he wouldn't do it again. This cycle left me feeling broken.

So I broke up with him and blocked him. For the next few months he kept making new accounts messaging me and refusing to leave me alone. Eventually he sent me one last message and then blocked me. In it he explain how no one would ever love me and how I am just a used up hoe.

That kind of stuck with me. When I was young especially I just wanted to find a prince charming who would love me unconditionally. Now I feel like I will never be loved, and I can't trust anyone who says they do.

Whenever I have tried to talk about this with my friends they just brush it off or tell me I was stupid for not just breaking it off. I know it is not a big deal, but it is to me. An article I read brought back the memories and I just feel so disgusted in myself. I have been having trouble sleeping lately because I can't stop thinking about it.

How do I get over this?
5
4