Complicated situation, need advice, does he like me? I am 17 not 30?

Anonymous
This guy dated this girl, they "dated" (on and off) for 14 months. guy and girl are broken up. Guy starts talking to me, we were just going to hook up but then it turned into something more, treating it like we were in/beginning a relationship. he ended it and went back to his ex claiming that we could've been great but she just means more. Which I understand. He isn't with anyone right now. Saying he isn't looking for anything and doesn't want a relationship. Every time we hang out he majorly flirts with me, and treats me different than everyone else. But when she's around. It's all about her. They were cuddling and kissing the last time we hung out but he hid it from me, he tried to hide that he and she were anything. Or at least It seemed like it. Why would he do that? He would be all over her then when I came in he stopped. He told me and one of his close friends he was only with her because he was sad and lonely. so. What's going the fuck on. Was I anything? Does he like me? Does he like her? What should I even do.

He is slightly on the autistic spectrum and has severe anxiety and depression. I don't know if that helps
2
1