When in a relationship are you content in simply enjoying eachother's presence without much interaction?

aicarg
For example, if my boyfriend has an exam coming up, he'll be in the living room studying away and I'll be in the kitchen cooking up something for ourselves to eat, we'll share glances here and there and blow a kiss to one another, but give eachother their space while still together. I'm also one who's fine with going for a few days without hearing from him and don't over worry when he doesn't call or text right away and believe that we still have our separate lives to enjoy with our own friends and family. My cousin had shared with me that she believes a couple should be able to enjoy each other's presence in silence, without feeling the need to engage in conversation and that they should still have time for themselves to enjoy without feeling the need to constantly be together but enjoy their independence although in a relationship.

I completely agree with her, but I've had a handful of my friends not share this same perspective.

How is it with you guys and your relationship? Are able to go for periods of time without conversing with/physically seeing your partner, or do you feel like conversation is vital in a relationship, and that the absence of conversation conveys that there may be something wrong/lacking of intimacy?
5
7