37 years old, Single for years and apprehensive about starting a relationship. What to do?

Celtic1888
I'm 37 and haven't been in a relationship for many years. Basically I have an anxiety and panic disorder which I have had since I was about 22. It has affected my life in more ways than I can mention and none of them good. Last relationship I had was about 10/11 years ago. Since then my disorder has been better at times but a lot worse at other times. To be honest, I decided that I didn't want to put a girl through having to deal with all of that. Not to mention the financial burden if I found myself off work again because of it. Simply wouldn't be fair. I keep getting told that I have to be fair to myself also and I deserve to find love but I'm seriously apprehensive about it. How can I be selfish by maybe bringing a bit of happiness to myself possibly at someone else's expense? Not to mention that girls tend to run a mile when you tell them about it and would be dishonest to keep it a secret. Any advice?

Thanks
๐Ÿ™‚
4
6