Found someone else's scarf in boyfriend's room? Could it really be from a past girl from before we started dating?

Anonymous
My boyfriend's roommate was doing laundry and told me he washed a scarf that he found in my boyfriend's room. He thought it was mine because it was a girly scarf but the thing is, it isn't my scarf. I have been dating my boyfriend for over 6 months now and we hangout at his apartment regularly and I have never seen this scarf before until now. I confronted my boyfriend and he says he doesn't remember or know who the scarf belongs to and that it might be from someone he dated before me but we have been together for over 6 months now so for it to turn up out of nowhere now randomly is very odd. He is a good guy and treats me really well. There is no way his roommate was digging around in his room to find this scarf to wash so where did it come from? What are your thoughts? Could it really be from a past girl from before we started dating?
10
7