How would you feel if your partner said it's not worth it to help others?

How would you feel if your partner said its not worth it to help others?
My fiancée said this referring to the money and groceries I provided to some of my friends, my sister and my ex.
She said it's not my job to give them charity and although she's not against helping others (she's a nurse after all) my way to do it it's not the way to do it since I'm just spoiling them and encouraging them to be "lazy".
The costs aren't really high for me especially given the assets and income I have, but she says that the principle is wrong, and in time I'll just have a trail of people asking for change.
9 mo
She says that with some of those friends, female, it almost feels I'm paying them like one pays a prostitute with the exception that I'm too dense to even ask or accept "something" in return.
I recognize she has a point on some things, but I didn't understand that was such a problem.
She says she just hates seeing lazy and talentless people taking advantage of me like that.
What about you?
9 mo
The new line of thought I decided to follow when my fiancée or others will contest my ideas and decisions.
Sticking to your ideas in a relationship ↗
12
20