Do You Consider The Things You Do For Your Partner To Be Acts Of Love Or Acts Of Service?

Acts not service born from love
Acts not service born from love
This is the reply to mine that sparked my question/curiosity?
Act or service
Act or service
As you can see nowhere did I use the word service. This is where he got that term from:
Please note the two circled in red
Please note the two circled in red
There's two things wrong on here in my opinion. First, whether it's just words or not, the issue I have with the term "acts of service" is service sounds like something you do cuz it's expected or something you have to do. Whereas "acts of love" is something you want to do to express love/caring. The other issue on here is the receiving gifts. Gifts are another thing you should want to do, but should not be listed as one of the 5 love languages. Just because someone does not or maybe can't afford gifts, does not mean they love you less. And someone buying a gift does not confirm love. people have been known to buy gifts for the wrong reasons, that had nothing to do with love!
23
11