Why did I creep her out? why did she feel uncomfortable? ?

Anonymous
I work in a big building and we have cafeteria. I get on very well with the cafeteria lady. I’m a girl and she’s bi. We have also flirted a lot and talk a lot. she even gave me her phone number and chose me to get a free sweet bag as the cafeteria staff were giving them to customers they like!! by the way it must be noted that I am extremely socially awkward and only now coming out of my shell.

but recently, I noticed the cafeteria lady avoiding me for a couple weeks. I could feel the awkward tension!!

I went up to her and said “hi” - I can tell she was dreading the moment. Then I asked “can I get pizza please?” She said yeah and came over to me. I felt determined to find out why she was avoiding me. In my social awkwardness I asked “we aren’t talking anymore?” ... she looked down. And started slicing the pizza for another guy and asked him about his pizza, trying hard to distract herself. It’s obvious she didn’t want to talk to me about it and was trying to avoid conversation. Then trying to remain professional she asked me “what base would you like on your pizza?” .. I said “barbecue” ... You could cut the tension with a knife!! then I asked her again “we’re not talking anymore... is it because of something I said?”.. then she said “you made me feel uncomfortable” ... I said “I’m sorry if I did. i don’t want it to be awkward between us. What did I do?”.. she said “the other day when you were making jokes and we were all laughing.. you came up to me later asking me why wasn’t I laughing at your jokes” .. I said “ it’s coz everyone was laughing and you weren’t”.. she said “I DID laugh for a while I even went haha.. and then you were like oh why didn’t you laugh at my jokes... you made me feel uncomfortable”
9 mo
Anyway... then I apologised again I said to her “I’m just really socially awkward”... she replied “that’s fine. I have no problem with that, it’s not that ”.. then I asked her “you don’t want me to talk to you?” ... she responded “no, it’s fine” ... then she said to me “pizza will be ready in 7 mins” so I walked away.
9 mo
A few mins later I came back to collect my pizza. I gave her lovely smile... I didn’t say anything but my smile looked at her like *forgive me*... she gave me the pizza and smiled back at me saying thank you. Thinking I had cleared the air.

but the next morning she went back to avoiding me!! do you think there’s more to it? Have I been inappropriate?
1
1