I feel like my friends put me down as far as when I feel comfortable having sex for the first time, what do I do?

Anonymous
I’m 22, my friends are 21and23. Last night my younger friend talked about her 2mnth relationship with her boyfriend. the other friend isn’t in a relationship. I’ve been in a relationship for 7 mnths now. We got to the topic of sex. My friends asked me if I’ve had sex with my boyfriend. I told my friends that I’m not the person to“kiss and tell”much. My friend in a relationship said that she hasn’t had sex yet with her boyfriend but she wants to sometime soon cause she was on the pill yet she ended up in the hospital cause her body reacted poorly to it. My single friend said that she does when she gets to 4mnths into a relationship. Both of my friends asked when I would want to have sex. please no negative comments, I told them that I want to have wait when the relationship gets to a certain level of commitment such as engagement, in which my friends then said that is such a stupid idea. My idea DOESN’T mean that a person is getting engaged to have sex, the engagement is the typical thing of wanting to be in this person’s life and you truly love them. The reason that I want to wait till that level of commitment is because my family line is very fertile. if protection minimally went wrong, then it would result in pregnancy Birth control was not really effective either. My mom told me that my grandma was pregnant with her (even though protection was used) while my grandma was in college and was only my grandpa’s girlfriend. When my grandma found out she was pregnant, she knew her parents would be upset unless my grandma was married, she couldn’t afford abortion. My mom then told me back when her and my dad were dating almost 7 mnths, she got pregnant even though the pill was used. When my mom knew, she told my dad and said maybe they should get engaged because of how long the relationship has been (back then,7 mnths was a lot) my dad freaked out about the pregnancy and told her to get an abortion. my mom was upset and couldn’t take care of a baby on her own, she got an abortion
+1 y
4 months with my boyfriend, I told him about both stories when he asked my opinion about sex. I told my boyfriend I could never go through the emotional pain of abortion and would be scared to raise a kid by myself say if he ends up breaking up with me for some reason. Luckily, he comforted me and supports me saying he doesn’t see himself leaving, but agrees we should wait so that there’s no”if I get pregnant...”while we’re still boyfriend and girlfriend

my friends just made me feel so bad about my decision
+1 y
that I feel this shame or guilt like I’m not normal. Almost all of my friends have made me feel this way about the topic in the past even though they have dealt with consequences due to sex. At least I have the strength to stick to my opinion, but how can I get rid of this guilt/shame?
2
1