I no longer trust my boyfriend who I thought I had a future with - should I end the relationship?

AriJones
My boyfriend of just under a year has ruined my trust in the relationship. Usually I'm a really chill girlfriend and not paranoid or anything like that. But that changed when he lied to me.
I had a really bad gut feeling and I left it for a few weeks and it wouldn't go away - so I confronted him about it. Turns out I was right.
He had been cheating on me. Honesty is the only thing I demand in a relationship. It's in his nature to be dishonest, though. He's the type that tells stupid white lies not to upset me "for my sake".
Other than that he is absolutely perfect for me apart from the trust issues. I've given him months to work on it and it still persists. Time or talking can't heal that.
I don't know what to do because he really is perfectly compatible for me apart from the broken trust.
If it was anyone else of course I would have dumped them immediately, but I did see me having a future with him.
Please, some logical advice would be so greatly appreciated.
5
0