Guys rather say I’m too good for them or out of their league. I don’t really know what to do about it but it makes me feel so confused what do I do?

Anonymous
So I’m 21. In the past in high school, whenever I happened to have a crush on a guy, the guy would do something to hurt me emotionally and then say that I’m out of their league. I am now a college junior and had my first relationship last year. However A couple weeks ago, he dumped me out of the blue crying that he’s insecure about me and that I’m too good for him. He’s a year older than me. It hurt so much because I loved and cared about him a lot. We both wanted the same thing of a serious committed relationship. I never deceived him and always promised I’d always love him in our relationship and not any other guys. I’ve been healing from the event of him dumping me out of the blue. I’ve accepted what happened and am just making myself happy and always being analytical whenever I like a guy but it goes wrong. Again Usually it’s been that I’m not beautiful or I’m too awkward and quiet, all of those were really just who I was until I grew up more and changed into a confident and somewhat outgoing woman. Most guys still think I’m not attractive, but I love the way I am. It just bothers me that I seem to be stuck in the middle of that guys either say that I’m not good enough or that I’m too good enough for them and they’re insecure about me. After having a total of many many failed crushes and one ex boyfriend, I’m just really sick of hearing any of those two excuses and never “I love you the way you are and am so happy that you love me too” (I know that a guy would never say that but it’s nice to dream right?) I’m taking a huge break from guys. I’m just so confused why guys rather say that I’m not good enough or that I’m too good for them and make them feel insecure. Why is that? How can I stop feeling so bothered about this?
2
0