Am I the bad one if I go to other people to vent about how I feel instead of telling my S. O. even though he's the problem?

CubsterShura
I know a lot of people would say from immediately reading the question that if something about your S. O. bothers you then you should always be telling them.

However, it's not always that simple. I do always always always tell my boyfriend if anything bothers me. I don't hide anything, I reveal even the littlest nitpicky annoyances. But sometimes the matter is more complicated. It could be either something you have already discussed about, it could be something that you don't want to bother your S. O. with because you know they cannot do much about it.

I personally don't believe in the idea of just venting about boyfriend problems with any random guy friend of mine... But I can't keep my feelings bottled up forever, can I? How long am I just gonna act like I'm all fine and then cry myself to sleep when I'm all alone at night? How long am I going to just 'remember' my frustrations doing random things like eating or talking with friends and I'm in quite a good mood but suddenly I'm all gloomy, my appetite is gone and I literally can't move or talk, I just hyperventilate and feel like my heart is burning.

Am I the bad one for keeping all this bottled up and thinking of someone else to vent to instead of my own boyfriend when he's literally the reason I'm like this now? My boyfriend, by the way, tells me I shouldn't discuss relationship problems with others no matter what and apparently it's to avoid getting negatively influenced by anyone else. I'm starting to wonder if it's a form of manipulation.
15
3