I have flirted with someone else, what should I do?

Anonymous
Alright, I’ll try to keep it short but basically, I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 2 years now (I’m 27). He is a very good man and treats me well. I fell in love with who he is, his personality. Physically, I have to admit he isn’t really my type. We are in a distance relationship most of the time. Before the COVID-19 outbreak, we would see each other every 3 weeks for 1 or 2 weeks. Now we haven’t seen each other for a while due to closed borders and travel restrictions.

I have never ever cheated or flirted with anyone when in a relationship. Even when I knew I wasn’t in love with the person I was with. Even when a guy I considered attractive flirted with me, I had never reciprocated. I was always very proud of that fact, of my high morals. It actually comes from the fact that my father cheated on my mom and I always told myself I would never be this way. Cheating is just plain wrong. Now, my boyfriend and I used to argue a lot at some point. We had serious arguments. It has gotten better lately. We still argue here and there but a lot less and for small things. And one of us usually comes around and apologise. Last Saturday I went out with some friends for the first time in a while. I don’t go out that often. Anyways, while at the club I saw a guy I thought was cute and attractive and saw him glancing at me a lot and smiling. For the first time in my life, I couldn’t stop myself from reciprocating. We kept smiling awkwardly at each other for a while until we finally started a conversation. We discussed a little then he added me to his contact list. After that, I started feeling bad and quickly left the place and went home. The guy sent me a message but I haven’t answered. But I would be lying if I said I don’t want to. I feel lost. I have never felt that way before. Should I tell my boyfriend? Is it ok for me to just be friends with the guy and nothing else although it started as a flirt? Am I a horrible person?
5
0