Why is my former f buddy posting subliminal messages directed at me even though he has a girlfriend now?

Tauriel01
  • So I had been in a f buddy relationship with a close family friend for 18 months. We kept each other's company and obviously indulged in and discussed sex. We had agreed that if one of us gets into a relationship the other should be alerted and we'd end our fun... however I've noticed that over the months we were involved he'd intentionally post girls I knew he wasn't dating in an effort to make me jealous and would always check for my reaction... I'd personally have a good laugh and ask myself why he was going through all the trouble anyway. He would often post how lonely he was. He would often tell me that I'm beautiful, that he loves me, that he wants me in his future and that our sex was meaningless and that he wanted it to mean more but I'd use my better judgement and make light of it because all we ever discussed was sex. He began putting me through tests of loyalty which he thought I knew nothing about. He has been the only guy I'd ever slept with and he was well aware of this. He started asking to video chat, asking for selfies of me and calling on the phone. All of this continued consistently until one day in last week when he said he started a relationship with one of his friends that very day and thought we should end things... to which I agreed. He began posting many heartbreak and betrayal posts, speaking on karma and bad women. He even brought his new girlfriend around to make me jealous.. he is in a fresh relationship... I'm confused please help me understand what prompted this.
3
2