My boyfriend called another girl cute. What should I do?

Anonymous
I was in my boyfriends snapchat account (we both have easy access to each others account) and saw a girls name who I didn't recognise. I looked through their messages and found that my boyfriend had said to her "damn your cute".
He had said this to her maybe a couple weeks before I found the message. I just shrugged it off and moved on because it happened a while ago and for some reason it didn't seem to bother me too much (probably because I experienced this as well as so much toxicity during my last relationship). After talking to my friends about it, they told me this is not okay and that I should not be tolerating this.
I don't know what to do. Should I ignore it and see if it happens again? Or should I talk to him about it? The only thing about talking to him about it is that he will probably get annoyed at me for looking through his messages (I know I probably shouldn't have done it).
Any advice what to do? Thanks.
2
1