I miss being single but am in a relationship. How do I deal with this feeling?

Anonymous
I’m 20, my boyfriend is 26. We’ve been together for over a year and are in a serious relationship. We live together in an apartment.
The past month or two, I’ve been having thoughts of breaking up with my boyfriend and missing being single.
I’ve cried over the thought of this because I really do care about him and know it would break his heart.
I’m worried that we rushed into this too quickly and now I’m feeling a little overwhelmed/trapped. I can’t shake these feelings even though I’ve tried reasoning with myself.
I've thought about going to my boyfriend to discuss how I’m feeling but he tends to get emotional and play the victim when we get into arguments. I’ve discussed that issue with my parents and friends of mine and our conclusion is that he likely won’t change (at least until he matures more) and I have to decide if I’m willing to deal with this for the rest of my life.
Im here looking for an outside perspective on my situation. I feel like I may be in too serious of a relationship for only being 20 but I really love him and don’t want to hurt him.
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
37
19