Do you think he was only being polite or genuine? Do you think that he’ll accept my request to follow him on Instagram?

Anonymous
I got fired today out of nowhere, just honestly did not see it coming and I’m still really sad and confused. Anyway, I decided to message one of my old coworker because I mostly worked with him and we got along really well sometimes I feel like we could’ve been friends, he talked to me as if we were.. but so, I told him I’m going to miss working with him, and everybody but mostly him, and thanked him for always being kind and sweet. Not really expecting a reply back, just wanted to message him that and he responded back quickly and said with the sad face emoji, I’m going to miss working with you too. I was so surprised. I wanted to try and see if I could start a convo with him, but didn’t really know what to say.. so I just said screw it, and gave a sarcastic answer like yeah right, you don’t have to put up with me anymore. And the hands in the air emoji, I don't know if he thought I was joking or not. But after that, he didn’t respond quickly anymore and I was gonna check if he saw it or was just busy but my manager had already taken me off the app, so I no longer can message him. The only contact I know is through Instagram.. but anyway, was he only being polite and actually isn’t going to miss me, or was he genuine about it? If he did see what I wrote, but didn’t respond would that make me stalkerish if I sent him a request? it sucks I’ll never know if he saw it or not. I was gonna ask for his snap, or give him my number but it was too late.
1
0