Do you think he was only being polite or genuine? Do you think that he’ll accept my request to follow him on Instagram?

Anonymous
I got fired today out of nowhere, just honestly did not see it coming and I’m still really sad and confused. Anyway, I decided to message one of my old coworker because I mostly worked with him and we got along really well sometimes I feel like we could’ve been friends, he talked to me as if we were.. but so, I told him I’m going to miss working with him, and everybody but mostly him, and thanked him for always being kind and sweet. Not really expecting a reply back, just wanted to message him that and he responded back quickly and said with the sad face emoji, I’m going to miss working with you too. I was so surprised. I wanted to try and see if I could start a convo with him, but didn’t really know what to say.. so I just said screw it, and gave a sarcastic answer like yeah right, you don’t have to put up with me anymore. And the hands in the air emoji, I don't know if he thought I was joking or not. But after that, he didn’t respond quickly anymore and I was gonna check if he saw it or was just busy but my manager had already taken me off the app, so I no longer can message him. The only contact I know is through Instagram.. but anyway, was he only being polite and actually isn’t going to miss me, or was he genuine about it? If he did see what I wrote, but didn’t respond would that make me stalkerish if I sent him a request? it sucks I’ll never know if he saw it or not. I was gonna ask for his snap, or give him my number but it was too late.
Do you think he was only being polite or genuine? Do you think that he’ll accept my request to follow him on Instagram?
Add Opinion