What do I do in a relationship with an uncaring guy?

RainInOsaka
Hey, so i started dating this guy and we have been together for 10 months now. In the beginning this guy was so sweet and so thoughtful and always said good morning and good night and always made time for me even when we were in the dating stage. He promised me so many things. I have some problems going on in my family so i used to get upset at least once every two weeks but he was so caring and always motivated and supported me and made me feel better.
5 months in and he completely stopped being sweet to me and doesn't show love anymore. He didn't say good morning or goodnight anymore, and stopped complimenting me and calls me once a month or so. He doesn't support or comfort or encourage me anymore. He never kept his promises. He is always out with his friends whenever he isn't sleeping and doesn't talk to me much at all. He stopped both romantic and sexual stuff and that made me a bit too upset but i didn't say anything until a month ago. I said that i wanted attention and i didn't like that he was behaving like this. He dismissed the issue every time and when i forced him to talk he said he was too comfortable and he doesn't think its necessary to do all those stuff anymore. I've been battling depression for a long time so it really hit me hard both physically and mentally. I've tried to make him understand for over a month now and every time he tries to dismiss it or guilt traps me and never tries to change anything. I've tried breaking up with him but i couldn't and he still continues to ignore me day in and out. He says that he loves me and doesn't want to break up. But for me i couldn't take much more of this.
I wanted to know if I should man up and break up with him and get it over with. Or what can I do to help myself and help him understand and save this relationship. Please help me out here.
3
3