- yes in western culture today many people don't want or need a partner. because now that both biological genders can earn their own wealth and recourses. we are not nearly as co-depended as people in the past were. but sometimes it is nice to still have someone to share your life with.
- in western culture modern dating has gotten to the point where many males and females in their teens, 20s, 30s and higher.
- are having sexual interaction together even outside a exclusive relationship let alone marriage. which often results in a high amount of unplanned or unwanted pregnancy.
- because many males and females don't opt to use birth control regularly. typically means the child is likely to be aborted these days or is raised by a single parent.
- which studies show children do much better in their life. if they are raised in a stable 2 or more positive role model environment. however it does not always have their biological parents who raise them.
- but by them only being raised by 1 role model. the children often miss out on some life lessons. plus they are higher risk of continuing the cycle of single parenthood.
- yes I know the amount of people looking to get married is lower each generation. partly because they can get most of the positive benefits. without the drama and negative parts.
- also modern laws regarding marriage tend to reduce. the amount of people willing to consider it. plus the increasing divorce rates and child custody battles. make it seem like a bad deal for many to even try to deal with.