Does it bother you if your SO stays out all night and doesn't call?

Galian84
boyfriend and I are both in our 30s and live together. About 3 times in the last 6 months, he's gone out all night and didn't come back until the morning or early PM. Didn't respond to calls or texts. And more often when he goes out, he comes back hours after he says he will. Just last night, he said he was going out with his uncle and cousin and would be out quite late. He left at 9 30pm and its now 9am, and I haven't heard a word from him after 10 30 last night.

I'm not his mom, I don't want to police him. I get worried because he does drink heavily when he does go out, and he's had a DUI before. So I never know if he's gotten into an accident or is just sleeping it off somewhere.

But when I get home late (even like 30 min) from visiting with family, he gets upset and makes me feel bad and suspects that something else is going on. Neither of us go out that often without each other, maybe once every 2 weeks or once a month.

You all ever come across this and how did you handle it? I'm starting to see it as a lack of basic respect and consideration. I'd never just not come home or be late without giving him a heads up.
7 d
It's now 1pm and I still haven't heard from him, despite leaving him a couple texts and calling a few times. I got in touch with his best friend's girlfriend to see if they knew anything, but they didn't see him last night (I don't have the numbers of the guys he was out with). But they're going to ask around.

If he isn't hurt or in some kind of trouble, I'm going to be livid.
4
2