Within a romantic relationship. We all fall upon disagreement at some point. How do you get your point across?

scotty4126
Im quite sure it's me being unfortunate, and some never have to deal with numerous people showcasing this behavior. Nevertheless, personal experience is the metaphoric pavement that leads me to deliberation. Without gender specification, I've been a part of, and been around toxic relationships as long as I'm able to recall. Arguments, some no child should ever witness, are an occurrence all too often within such relationships. From my own, and my mother's past relationships, I can attest to this being undesirable at best, for any individual to endure. The constant screaming and yelling, along with the degradation of one another, can be quite overwhelming. The majority of statements, and/or questions, for the most part carry no validity. For example, my mother engaged in an argument with my soon to be eleven year old daughter yesterday afternoon. About politics of all things. I can't stress enough the fact being neither one have even had the notion of paying attention to anything rather than Facebook, or whatever their preference may be. Witnessing this fifty year old woman engage with my daughter in such a passionate manner was amusing in the beginning. Until she screamed at her as if she were fighting for life preservation. It triggered me. I'm normally level headed, and remain humble during a discrepancy between the two, but i couldn't bare it any longer. She received my opinion with more ferocity than intended. I do not condone my reaction, nor the argument in which it resulted. Anyway... When engaging in disagreement, or being in an outright argument. How do you get your point across? Without screaming, or yelling. Especially when your significant other is stubborn, and seemingly the equivalent of communicating with a brick wall. I find, even having a valid point, with logic being the basis, its near an impossible feat. Any method is better than the reciprocal of this toxic behavior. In pursuit of one that helps ease the situation in it's entirety though
1
1