My girlfriend is thinking about buying a house... my name wouldn't be on the deed, but I'd be paying less than in an apartment?

ChurchOfSteel
It kinda makes sense, doesn't it? On some level, it feels a bit jolting. Like, our current apartment is as much mine as it is hers. But, I'm still in college (despite my age, drug addiction/mental illnesses/probably brain damage from football and fighting and existential issues significantly delayed me, but I beat all those issues. I'm also one semester from two degrees, then not too far from quality IT sector prospects. I should be making more than her before too long.)

So, I'd be paying less, but it would legally be "her" place. I guess that's kinda better than this place only "technically" being mine, but being the landlady's place, in actuality, right.

On the same hand, if I choose to marry her, her house that I have paid half for would also become mine.

In any case, it's either that or we'd just be renting a house, if we could find one, since we want puppies and that's problematic in apartments.

I'm not being blind in anything, am I?
2
1