My boyfriend suddenly says he’s spending Thanksgiving with his family. What should I do?

Anonymous
We’ve been together 4 years. He spends Thanksgiving with my family because he said his family doesn’t celebrate Thanksgiving. It’s my family’s favorite holiday and my mom makes an extravagant dinner. We have a small family so they loved that he came.

We always invite my boyfriends family and some of them only came once including his mom.

I always spend New Years and Christmas Eve with him and his family. I thought this was a good compromise.

Suddenly this year, boyfriend said he isn’t coming because he’s spending Thanksgiving with his family because his mom cried saying she wants him to spend it with her and their family. I asked why they suddenly celebrate and I’ll be sad he isn’t coming, and he said that it’s up to his mom and she misses him. (even though my boyfriend lives at home with his mom still, and he has a ton of siblings and a huge family so his mom isn’t going to be lonely)

I’m so mad and annoyed that he’s picking his mom over me, and I’ll be sad and lonely without him on Thanksgiving.

What should I do?
My boyfriend suddenly says he’s spending Thanksgiving with his family. What should I do?
Add Opinion