In your opinion, is it ok to stay SINGLE (for life)?

TheRhymeAndReason2
I'm not referring to someone trying to get in a relationship and failing constantly. I'm referring to staying single on purpose out of a desire/feeling to - is it something that should be discouraged? Does it depend on the reasoning for wanting to stay single? If so, how?

I ask because...
- When someone asks a question about feeling like they're missing out on relationships/sex, people often console them with saying they 'aren't missing out on much' or something along the lines of that. If a younger person says they aren't interested, however, a common response is 'just wait, it'll happen'
- I think most people tend to look for long term relationships to settle in before a certain age.
- There is arguably societal pressure to have a relationship (and/or sexual experience) by a certain age, else being deemed a "loser" or equivalent. Hence, "forever alone" memes, "30 year old virgin," crazy cat lady jokes, etc.

For reference, while I'm single now, I have been in various relationships before. This is just a stray 'shower thought' I'm curious on. This isn't meant to be a personal-advice question.
Heres a random google image of "staying single" that is likely copyrighted, but Im too inconsiderate to check
Here's a random google image of "staying single" that is likely copyrighted, but I'm too inconsiderate to check
Yes, it's always ok
Vote A
Yes, but it depends on the reasoning why
Vote B
Yes, but only if one has experienced a relationship and/or sex, etc. before
Vote C
No, one should not be wanting or try to be single for life
Vote D
Other
Vote E
Results
Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
GirlGuy
In your opinion, is it ok to stay SINGLE (for life)?
Add Opinion