In your opinion, is it ok to stay SINGLE (for life)?

TheRhymeAndReason2
I'm not referring to someone trying to get in a relationship and failing constantly. I'm referring to staying single on purpose out of a desire/feeling to - is it something that should be discouraged? Does it depend on the reasoning for wanting to stay single? If so, how?

I ask because...
- When someone asks a question about feeling like they're missing out on relationships/sex, people often console them with saying they 'aren't missing out on much' or something along the lines of that. If a younger person says they aren't interested, however, a common response is 'just wait, it'll happen'
- I think most people tend to look for long term relationships to settle in before a certain age.
- There is arguably societal pressure to have a relationship (and/or sexual experience) by a certain age, else being deemed a "loser" or equivalent. Hence, "forever alone" memes, "30 year old virgin," crazy cat lady jokes, etc.

For reference, while I'm single now, I have been in various relationships before. This is just a stray 'shower thought' I'm curious on. This isn't meant to be a personal-advice question.
Heres a random google image of "staying single" that is likely copyrighted, but Im too inconsiderate to check
Here's a random google image of "staying single" that is likely copyrighted, but I'm too inconsiderate to check
Yes, it's always ok
Yes, but it depends on the reasoning why
Yes, but only if one has experienced a relationship and/or sex, etc. before
Vote C
No, one should not be wanting or try to be single for life
Vote D
Other
Vote E
Results
Vote F
GirlGuy
4
7