Tips on how to manage anxiety/depression that is now affecting relationship?

Anonymous
I hope this post doesn't seem like I'm trying to get sympathy. I'm at a loss for what to do and at the lowest point I've ever been at, so I just want some words of advice or knowing others have been through this. I just recently made an appointment with my therapist I haven't seen in years.

I'm a 22 year old nursing student that doesn't have much of a social life due to studying all the time and working when I can, living at home. With school being online this semester it's very lonely, actually even harder than before, and I'm barely keeping up. My only good friend in the program dropped out. I have a year from now to graduate. I work at a nursing home which is already a depressing job but with the pandemic it has brought it to a new level that I can't even begin to explain. Having to take care of people who are basically family who can't even leave their rooms or have visitors and are dying off left and right meanwhile being short staffed with a ton of new protocols is incredibly draining.

My relationship is taking a toll. We have been together almost 5 years and are close to what we talked about for years, moving out after college, but I don't even know if we'll make it. We take things out on each other a lot now, we hardly have time due to conflicting schedules, and we both are in pretty crappy mental states. Before anyone says to break up, that's not an option for me, but I don't know how to put in the energy that is necessary before it's too late.

To sum things up, I have terrible anxiety that was never present before, to the point where I feel like a failure and can't even function. Work, school, and relationship anxiety. That I'll fail, that we'll break up, that everyone is just going to keep dying and work will get worse. I feel like this is the most that I've ever been handed but I'm in the worst mental state I've ever been in for it. I don't have the energy or time. I'm trying to do things I used to enjoy and nothing works. Thanks in advance.
2
0