Is it wrong to feel like I need to be appreciated for what I’ve put into this relationship and is this relationship even worth it?

Anonymous
Hello, my relationship is about 2 years long with my boyfriend. At the beginning, he was lying to me a lot about important things along with doing suspicious stuff like giving another girl his jacket (he didn’t find that action in itself wrong, he viewed it as being a helpful friend), and romantic history. I didn’t know that he was lying then, and thought our relationship was going great even though I was a little more emotional during that time. He came clean because one of his friends told me 10 months in, and he apologized for his actions.

Not to sound narcissistic, but I have done a lot for him that he doesn’t appreciate. I have given him gifts and food, not expecting anything in return. I gave him oral and was waiting patiently until he was ready to do the same for me. I had a confrontation with him about not feeling appreciated enough in bed since I do what he wants and even got on birth control he wanted for him. He said he expresses his gratitude in other ways, but all I can respond to that is “how” since he doesn’t do anything outside of the bedroom as well besides hanging out and maybe food here or there.

I also haven’t been the best partner myself recently because I had to contact a male friend he hates to do some heavy lifting at my mom’s house. He was upset that I took that opportunity “away from him” whereas I’ve been asking him everyday on when he’d come but didn’t give me any response to that. He hates every male friend I have, and always makes me feel bad for wanting to hang out with them especially if I haven’t seen them in a while. Is it normal to feel like I haven’t been appreciated enough? He tells me he’s not good enough as well when I try to discuss things of this nature, and I’m tired of it. I’m not sure on what to do because every time I just want reassurance, he makes me feel bad for asking by playing the victim card and turn the tables so it can be about him.
Yes
Somewhat
No
Vote C
GirlGuy
2
0