Is It Normal To Have Doubts At The Start of a Relationship?

Anonymous
I've been seeing this girl since August. We're not official yet, but from the start I always told my friends I would never date her long term and she was only a short term thing, because I thought we were too different. I was also trying to get over another girl that I really liked who is in a relationship.

However, the more I got to know the girl I'm seeing now, the more I got to like her and the more I realized we have a lot more in common than I thought. Unfortunately, there's been this doubt that has been circling in my head every day and I'm worried I'm going to screw this up, because I never had that "gut feeling" we were going to be something.

I'm not doubting when I'm with her, but still, I hate when it consumes me. My anxiety can sometimes be crippling, and it shows in this case. What do y'all think?
3
1