How would you manage this situation? Guys am I being too annoying? Girls how would you feel?

Anonymous
Story time:
My boyfriend (same age as me) and I went long distance for 8 months as he went to Brazil. It worked out super well and we skyped twice a day -he was mostly initiating contact. 1 year later I noticed that he had pinned a woman on his whatsapp who was always on unread. One day I asked him who she was and he told me that it was this girl in Brazil who had worked with him and became a close friend. She was going through a divorce at that time and had a major crush on him. While he was sitting next to me i opened up the chat and asked him why he ignored her text the last few months (she was basically texting him pages upon pages but he left them all ignored). He told me that he really doesn't know how to handle the situation anymore. He then told me that i probabaly shouldn't read the messages as it would be hard on me. That comment just made me want to read it more ofcourse. Right afterwars he went to clean the bathroom and i couldnt keep myself from reading them. She was making sexual remarks, flirting with him, belitteling me and out relationship (i am too young and our relationship is too fresh "only 2 years"). He never defended me or told her to stop and some of his text were even flirtatious and similar to things he wrote me when we first started dating. There is not enough space to write in detail... After scrolling through them I went to him crying and asked for a hug. I told him that i had read the messages and that i was jealous (which i haven't been ever... even after 3 years) and i didn't know how to handle it. He explained that he was just being nice to her because she was having a hard time and that he never had any romantic or sexual feelings for her. I believe him and all but everytime i think about her it hurts my heart a little. Atm they are texting eachother again. Daily it seems. I am too scared to ask him about her because i dont want him to think that i dont trust him.
1
1