How do you deal with traveling for work in relationships? Should I be more understanding of my bfs choice to go away for 3 months across the country?

Anonymous
I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years (25 and 23 years old.) We live in ohio but he wants to go to hawii for three months. he's a finish carpenter and would be building a mansion. We're not talking marriage so he's not that serious about me at this point, but he wants me to wait it out. Im finding it unfair of him to ask me to make promises of the future when he's not committed, as well as putting himself first and asking me to put himself first as well. He says making connections will advance his career, but he also says he's jealous his powerline friend travels for work and gets put up with lodging and has food paid for and gets to travel, etc. I think he feels the need to explore and be on his own since he lives with his parents. But i live alone and i have one grandmother im close to and thats all i have. No parents, sibling relations, etc. Im ready for someone who chooses me, im more in a place i want family. How do i deal? And how do you make it work if your partner travels?
2
1