Is the secret to a successful relationship to not expect much from your partner?

Anonymous
I'm starting to think this may very well be the case. Let me explain, Recently my grandfather passed away (We all knew it was coming but it didn't make it any easier to deal with.) So me and my grandma were talking about how they managed to stay together for 60+ years something that could be considered a modern miracle in this days what with differences, infidelity and all that.
And I asked my grandma how is it that you and granddad were able to stay together for so long, and the answer she gave me basically boiled down to she didn't care. They cared about each other don't get me wrong, but ultimately it was all about doing your duty. Any infidelity could be ignored so long as his top priority was her and their kids and that he did right by them.. At least that's what I got out of it.
Honestly the more i think about it the more i feel like that might be the case, what do you think?
3
3