Hypothetical Question: How do open relationships work and what are the rules?

COMMODOREII
Ok. I have been pondering this for a long time. I don't have a problem with how people live their lives that is their God given right in free will. I guess for me I lean towards a more traditional relationship. I will not mess with anyone who is married, though i do date around being single. As for taking another guy's girlfriend is just trouble I like to avoid. After all if she was willing to leave her boyfriend while they were together only proves she will leave me down the road in the future.

Ok here is the thought I have been thinking about. Now there is mainly talk of one guy with many girls and that they are in an open relationship he can sleep around. Same goes for the girl. She can sleep around as well. Now as a guy being single a girl in an open relationship comes up to me telling me she has a boyfriend and they are in an open relationship. She is allowed to do what she likes with whomever she likes. So if sexual relations were carried on then what happens if she becomes pregnant by the guy she likes and not her boyfriend? The factors are that they do not want to break up, nor abort the baby. Does that make the father and mother and their baby a part of an extended family? Plus what happens if her boyfriend impregnated another girl or more and they too were going to keep their respective babies? Yeah this is just making my head hurt. Anyone want to offer their comments or ideas and those who actually live this kind of life, What is like? Are you still together with your original SO? Did you get married? Did you find someone better? Help clarify please. Lol
25 d
Ok. Update. I understand about birth control but it does not apply to this question. We all know things can still happen and there are those who prefer not to use it or are actually trying to get pregnant. Such as maybe the boyfriend is infertile and they want a baby and she gets another guy to do it for them.
8
2