Is a breakup a good idea or am I just delaying the inevitable?

MeowitsBella
Hello all. My boyfriend of 5 Years and I have decided to take a break. Beginning of this month I found out he had a different snapchat/persona where he was asking for random girls' nudes for 2 years. He doesn't know their name/face/ where they are from etc. I didn't count how many girls but it started all the way down from a convo being open 108 weeks ago to present so I would average around 150+ girls? Even when single that is not normal, in a way it looks like a nude/porn addiction. We have been living together for the past 2 1/2 years and I kicked him out- he is moving on the 30th while Im at my grandmothers'. Obviously as shitty as this whole situation is, I love him deeply- I thought he was the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I told him if we were to ever get back together he needed to go to therapy and I need time to heal and figure out what I want. He has started going to therapy about 2 weeks ago and we talk once a week to talk about his sessions. (I just listen). He has a lot of fucked up things from his past, ie his mom leaving him at 4 for drugs, having leukemia when he was 7 and not going into remission until he was 13, having fucked up family dynamics/ no support system, etc. that he has never been able to fully process and talk about. Sadly, I have been the most constant thing in his life. In the long run therapy will help him even if we don't end up together. As much as he hurt me I just want the best for him and I want him to be happy. However, I know I need to focus on myself, take time to heal, and figure out if I will ever be able to trust him again. I know we are only human and make mistakes, but lying to me for 2 years is pretty big. I know if he didn't really care, he wouldn't have started going to therapy. I guess what I'm asking in the long run- knowing the back story- Do you think somewhat waiting for him is worth it so we can work on ourselves, or am I just fooling myself? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
2
1