Had an argument with my boyfriend because he still insist to travel during pandemic?

Anonymous
We had plans to still travel during covid. No plans were set in place, and tickets were not bought. Last week, in country, covid went completely crazy. They will be implementing even more strict restrictions next week. I decided to talk to him about postponing the trip. He became defensive. He even told me to tell him earlier next time so he can find a friend to go with. Then the conversation became I was the problem not telling him sooner. I explained I made a decision to tell you today, because it was just late last week were things were really bad. He basically concluded my excuse was invalid because to him, those serious news means nothing. I got so angry at that I couldn’t even help myself, and started to cry. I explained that we need to negotiate, and find a middle ground, but he refused. He then emphasized how if I am so scared of covid, I shouldn’t be seeing my family at all. He showed zero empathy to my upset feeling of the situation. No apology, and he explained I don’t need to get sad about it.
Now this whole vacation started off negative with our first fight. If he ends up going with a friend, I would be as mad because it was “our trip”. How to go from here? I walked away from the room angry, and he ignored! This guy just want to travel regardless.
0
3