Should I leave my boyfriend?

Anonymous
Hi, so I’m a 19 year old woman and my boyfriend is 21 turning 22. He is hardworking and graduated from a good course in uni with a high GPA. He is very loving and respectful. Always treating me to lovely dates and spoiling me. So there’s little wrong with him, despite not being able to marry me yet as his income is not yet high enough to fully provide for a wife (although I am educated myself, we just both agree that he will mainly be the sole provider and this is just our personal preference, no hate to anyone else).

So he is not the problem here.

However, his parents are. He comes from a conservative culture like mine where his parents do not agree with marrying outside the culture is wrong. We have been together for 8 months now and I have not met them. They refuse to meet me, as apparently they are not ready even though they’ve known of me for months after my boyfriend told them about me. What’s embarrassing is that he has met my family and they love him. He tries to get them to agree but they won’t and this really saddens me. Can I deal with toxicity like this in the long term? I do not want to but I love him and he loves me. I am trying to be understanding of his parents as that is all they know. But again, I think why should I deal with this?

any help would be much appreciated as I feel so lost and confused right now. I just don’t want to waste my time and guard my heart
Should I leave my boyfriend?
5
4