A rumour went around that he’s gay. I believed it. How do I fix this?

Anonymous
I found out it was a made up rumour to hurt me because I gotten told that some guy I know was hooking up with this openly very gay guy on campus... so I told his girlfriend... my boyfriend didn't know I know them but he put two and two together as I kept asking about men being closeted gays. he told me stop causing drama between Claire and let’s call him S. I denied knowing them & acted confused.

the dude got all his friends to convince his girlfriend that my boyfriend is secretly gay & he’s the one that was sleeping with the gay dude, and how my boyfriend has been using me for money. Baring in mind we have been together for 8 months and the most I ever spent on him was about $110 all in, not all at once either. We have a lot of sex he isn’t gay... but I believed it for a moment... so i send him a text saying. I know about your gay lover and u ain’t a good scammer or else I wouldn’t have continually doubted ur intentions, u aren’t a good person. I’m not mad. My fault for seeing the best in u.”
... he doesn’t reply. I fact checked this with lots of people TURNS out it’s a lie. most said “I’ve never seen or heard him talk about men and using u? For what? Wtf u weren’t breading him up with hundreds of dollars.” They thought some dude that had a crush on me made it up.
... so my guy is now ignoring me. I apologised for lying and believing bullshit & shown him the proof of the girl telling me the lie. Apparently he fallen out with the friend that caused this. He isn’t talking to me tho. What should I do?
2
2