Is this guy telling me an elaborate lie just in order to string me along but not be in a committed relationship?

Anonymous
So we’ve been seeing each other for 2 months now. We do hang out for a few hours each time and then have really really great sex, and then cuddle and hang out for like another hour. He just graduated law school and now is studying for the bar exam so I am not his full priority. But it felt like we were bonding more so I kinda asked him and he said he can’t say for certain where we are headed and is unsure if we can label it right now because since last year he had plans to move for a half year internship in Germany this coming fall. He said he applied for some security clearance and has worked so hard to get this internship, and he may not be around long but he said he isn’t fully sure. He said he wants to continue seeing me because who knows what could happen or when he comes back from Germany who knows what could happen.

at first I believed him but now doubt is creeping in like what if this is all a lie and he’s just stringing me along? Could I ask him this or would it come off bad?
1
1