Why would he randomly say what’s up to me after ignoring me for months and acting petty towards me?

Anonymous
this guy I’m kind of in a situationship with, well not really I guess it’s one sided but anyway basically he ghosted me and unadded for no reason; then ran into him at this popular bench and we’d just sit in silence not bringing up what happened... I guess there were times where I wanted to just wasn’t sure how. Anyway so he ignored me, besides randomly saying take care every time I leave.. but after Thanksgiving; he had randomly asked me how mine was and I told him it was good yeah and just didn’t bother making conversation. And then after that, I noticed he stopped sitting on the bench when I was on it; and stopped making eye contact.. I was like wtf. And it was like that for a few months. Then recently, couple weeks ago I saw him again and he came out to the bench and I noticed he didn’t even look in my direction, and then suddenly sat next to me like whaat, it was just my luck someone else was on the bench otherwise i would’ve said something.. but after that, I stopped seeing him until last week, when I randomly saw him sitting on the bench I was so taken aback I paused and he kind of looked at me and did like a smirk and just said what’s up... after all those months all he said was what’s up... I was so annoyed I just said hi and sat down next to him... I don't know why I expected him to make convo like how you been, or something... but no, he just sat there looking at his phone and vaping. I felt so sad anyway why do you think he randomly said what’s up? And I should try and make small and see his reaction or just continue ignoring him
Why would he randomly say what’s up to me after ignoring me for months and acting petty towards me?
Add Opinion