Why would he randomly say what’s up to me after ignoring me for months and acting petty towards me?

Anonymous
this guy I’m kind of in a situationship with, well not really I guess it’s one sided but anyway basically he ghosted me and unadded for no reason; then ran into him at this popular bench and we’d just sit in silence not bringing up what happened... I guess there were times where I wanted to just wasn’t sure how. Anyway so he ignored me, besides randomly saying take care every time I leave.. but after Thanksgiving; he had randomly asked me how mine was and I told him it was good yeah and just didn’t bother making conversation. And then after that, I noticed he stopped sitting on the bench when I was on it; and stopped making eye contact.. I was like wtf. And it was like that for a few months. Then recently, couple weeks ago I saw him again and he came out to the bench and I noticed he didn’t even look in my direction, and then suddenly sat next to me like whaat, it was just my luck someone else was on the bench otherwise i would’ve said something.. but after that, I stopped seeing him until last week, when I randomly saw him sitting on the bench I was so taken aback I paused and he kind of looked at me and did like a smirk and just said what’s up... after all those months all he said was what’s up... I was so annoyed I just said hi and sat down next to him... I don't know why I expected him to make convo like how you been, or something... but no, he just sat there looking at his phone and vaping. I felt so sad anyway why do you think he randomly said what’s up? And I should try and make small and see his reaction or just continue ignoring him
1
1